CENTR has launched its call for nominations for the third edition of its CENTR Awards, which aim at highlighting country code top-level domain (ccTLD) registry projects, teams and people that make a difference in the domain name industry.
The goals of the CENTR Awards, which are open to all full and associate CENTR members, are to focus on the positive aspects of the ccTLD industry, to show recognition for innovation, to encourage sharing of best practices, and to provide an opportunity to challenge and motivate employees and project leaders.
This year, the categories have been revamped to be even more inclusive and highlight team work. A brand new category has also been created: registrars will be tasked with picking the “Registry of the Year”, an award aimed at putting into the spotlight a registry which has developed or exceptionally improved on high quality service towards its registrars.
The full list of categories are:
- Safe and Sound DNS Award: project, team or person that improved the security or technical capability of the DNS or the registry
- Above and Beyond Innovation Award: project, team or person that contributed to the further development of the domain name industry or focused on alternative usages of the DNS
- Marketing Campaign Excellence Award: project, team, person or marketing campaign which promoted the purchase of a domain name, a registry product or that promoted the registry
- Greater Online Good Award: project, team, person or initiative developed by a registry in the area of corporate social responsibility (CSR) such as environment compliance, digital inclusion, awareness and education, or promotion of the local (national) internet resources and community.
- Contributor of the Year Award: person or registry who contributed most to the ccTLD community through knowledge sharing, creation or support through active participation in a CENTR Working Group, for instance.
- Registrars’ Pick: Registry of the Year Award: registry that has developed or exceptionally improved on high quality service towards its registrars.
More information on eligibility, rules for nomination, categories, jury members and more can be found on the CENTR Awards page. To submit a nomination, please fill out the form by 30 June 2017 (full and associate members only).
Disclaimer: Your correspondent is a member of the jury for the 2017 CENTR Awards.