CENTR have announced the finalists for their 2017 awards in 5 of the 6 categories. The awards aim to highlighting ccTLD registry projects, teams and people that are making a difference in our industry.
CENTR announced the shortlisted nominees in four of the CENTR Awards categories, and the nominees in the “Contributor of the Year” category! The full list of nominations is available on the CENTR Awards page and the nominations have been shortlisted with the help of the CENTR Awards Task Force.
2017 CENTR Awards Finalists
Marketing Campaign Excellence Category
- Claimjeidee.be / Monidéeàmoi.be (DNS Belgium)
- .CA Product Marketing team for its brand awareness and lead generation campaign (CIRA)
- navnesok.no (namesearch) project (Norid)
Safe and Sound DNS Category
- Safer Internet project (SWITCH)
- Barbara Povše (Registry.si) & Bert Ten Brinke (SIDN) for the project “Security for Registry.si”
- CIRA D-Zone TLD DNS
Greater Online Good Category
- DENIC’s source code donation to the Mozilla foundation to support IDNA 2008 in Firefox and Thunderbird
- Share with Care (Nominet)
- Explore The Internet And Govern It! (Coordination Center for TLD .RU/.РФ)
Above and Beyond Innovation Category
- DNS Belgium migration to the public cloud
- UK Domain Categorisation (Nominet data team)
- NZRS’s Domain Analytics
Contributor of the Year Category (no shortlisting)
- Alexander Mayrhofer (nic.at)
- Annebeth Lange (Norid)
- Nathalie Boulvard (Afnic)
- Mickaël Vigreux (Afnic)
- NZRS Research Team (NZRS)
Vote for the “Contributor of the Year” Award
The CENTR membership is invited to cast its vote for the Contributor of the Year! The survey is open until 14 September.
This CENTR Award category is submitted to a vote from the membership and to members of the CENTR Award Jury. Through this survey, the CENTR membership is asked to vote for one nominee (one vote per registry). Full and associate members are invited to cast their vote. The CENTR Award Jury will also be ranking the nominees and the results will be added to the membership’s votes.
Vote for the “Registry of the Year” Award
Registrars are invited to vote for the Registry of the Year! The survey is open until 14 September.
There can only be a single submission per registrar (organisation), but registrars can rank as few or as many ccTLDs as they are selling (direct relationship only). If more than one submission is received from a single registrar, CENTR will only take the first submission into account. For a registry to be counted in this category, it needs to receive ratings from at least 10 different registrars. Scores will be submitted to an average rating system.
Best of luck to all finalists!
It is now up to the CENTR Awards Jury to rank the nominations in each category. The winners will be announced at the CENTR Awards Ceremony, which will take place on 3 October in Brussels. Registered participants to the CENTR Registrar Day and 58th CENTR General Assembly are invited to join us for the evening. Best of luck to all finalists!
Members of the Jury
- Lise Fuhr, ETNO
- Joke Braeken, ccNSO
- David Goldstein, Goldstein Report
- Leonid Todorov, APTLD
- Kim Davies, IANA
- Cristina Monti, European Commission
- Steinar Grøtterød, Dot GLOBAL
- Ashley La Bolle, EPAG
- Barrack Otieno, AfTLD
Members of the 2017 CENTR Awards Task Force
- Alexandrine Gauvin (CENTR)
- Peter Van Roste (CENTR)
- Linda Verhaegen (CENTR
- Sascha Kämpf (.de)
- Maarja Kirtsi (.ee)
- Lars-Göran Forsberg (.se)
- Marta Moreira Dias (.pt)
- Sławomir Rakoczy (.pl)