Eurid, the .eu registry operator, has won Registry of the Year at the 2017 CENTR Awards held in Brussels. This was the first year Registry of the Year has been awarded and was voted on by registrars with 105 participating in the survey with CENTR saying there was a tight race for the winner.
In a statement EURid said:
“It’s not only an honour and privilege to have won the award itself, but a testament to our incredible registrar community, who made it possible to win the award in the first place. We greatly appreciate their dedication and support towards our TLDs and initiatives.
“Additionally, this achievement couldn’t have been met without our wonderful community, utilizing both the .eu and .ею extensions, who make up Europe’s diverse online sphere.”
During the ceremony, the finalists in each of the five categories presented short videos of their projects or people that were nominated. The evening was a great opportunity to showcase inspiring projects and teams that truly make a difference in the online world and to demonstrate the great spirit of collaboration that gives life to the CENTR community.
This year’s CENTR Awards winners are:
- Marketing Campaign Excellence Category: .CA Product Marketing team for its brand awareness and lead generation campaign (CIRA)
- Safe and Sound DNS Category: Barbara Povše (Registry.si) & Bert Ten Brinke (SIDN) for the project “Security for Registry.si”
- Greater Online Good Category: DENIC’s source code donation to the Mozilla foundation to support IDNA 2008 in Firefox and Thunderbird
- Above and Beyond Innovation Category: UK Domain Categorisation (Nominet data team)
- Contributor of the Year Category: Annebeth Lange (Norid)
- Registry of the Year Category: EURid (.eu)
CENTR is the association of European country code top-level domain name registries. CENTR’s main purpose is to provide its members with a forum for exchange of information.
Your correspondent was a Jury member for the 2017 CENTR Awards.