Today, the Canadian Internet Registration Authority (CIRA) announced it has signed an agreement with Akamai Technologies to license Akamai’s DNS security-enabling solutions to power D-Zone DNS Firewall.
This partnership, which builds upon the previous agreement between CIRA and Nominum (acquired by Akamai in 2017), will allow CIRA to continue to expand its leadership position in DNS-based cybersecurity solutions in Canada, and also provides Akamai the opportunity to expand its Canadian presence.
- D-Zone DNS Firewall is powered by Akamai’s DNS Infrastructure and Security and Personalization Services (SPS) solutions, and blocks 1 million domains every month for customers in Canada.
- In less than a year, CIRA has added more than 800,000 active users to its D-Zone DNS Firewall service.
- D-Zone DNS Firewall has been received enthusiastically in institutional sectors such as education, health care, and municipalities and is gaining momentum among small and medium-sized businesses in Canada.
- The recent launch of the D-Zone DNS Firewall e-store provides small businesses with the ability to get up and running with comprehensive malware protection in minutes.
- The DNS plays a key role in a comprehensive defense-in-depth cybersecurity strategy as 91 percent of all malware uses the DNS for command and control. DNS protection neutralizes malware.
- CIRA recently published its first annual Canadian Internet Security Survey to further solidify its position as a cybersecurity thought leader in Canada.
About the Canadian Internet Registration Authority
The Canadian Internet Registration Authority (CIRA) manages the .CA top-level domain on behalf of all Canadians. CIRA also develops technologies and services—such as D-Zone DNS Firewall—that help support its goal of building a better online Canada. The CIRA team operates one of the fastest-growing country code top-level domains (ccTLD), a high-performance global DNS network, and one of the world’s most advanced back-end registry solutions.
As the world’s largest and most trusted cloud delivery platform, Akamai makes it easier for its customers to provide the best and most secure digital experiences on any device, anytime, anywhere. Akamai’s massively distributed platform is unparalleled in scale with over 200,000 servers across 130 countries, giving customers superior performance and threat protection. Akamai’s portfolio of web and mobile performance, cloud security, enterprise access, and video delivery solutions are supported by exceptional customer service and 24/7 monitoring. To learn why the top financial institutions, e-commerce leaders, media & entertainment providers, and government organizations trust Akamai please visit www.akamai.com, blogs.akamai.com, or @Akamai on Twitter.
This CIRA announcement was sourced from: