As part of ICANN’s planning process, a three-year Strategic Plan is reviewed and updated annually. This is complimented by an annual Operating Plan and Budget.
The 2011-2014 Strategic Plan evolved substantially from previous versions with collaborative input from the Community, and introduced strategic metrics to facilitate and communicate progress.
To kick off the annual Strategic Planning process, a 2012-2015 Strategic Plan Timeline has been established. This high-level timeline commits to an organized, efficient process that will run from June 2011 to December 2011.
The timeline includes the following next steps:
- The process will begin in June during the Singapore Meeting, where we will have initial meetings with ICANN’s Supporting Organizations and Advisory Committees to obtain input on accomplishments, long term planning, ICANN’s Strategic Focus Areas and strategic metrics.
- In July, ICANN will identify strategic positions and solicit community input through a public comment forum.
- In late September, a Draft 2012-2015 Strategic Plan will be posted for public comment prior to the Dakar meeting.
- Several consultations will occur with stakeholder groups to further refine the plan.
- In November, we will incorporate Community, Staff and Board feedback and present the proposed plan to the Board for consideration and adoption.
The development cycle for this year’s Strategic Plan recognizes ICANN’s ongoing commitment to the bottom-up, decision-making model and contained extensive engagement with the multi-stakeholder community, the Board, and with the ICANN Staff.
This ICANN announcement was sourced from: