The ICANN Policy Development Support Team will provide a Policy Update Webinar on Thursday, 20 October 2016 at 10:00 UTC and 19:00 UTC, in preparation for the upcoming ICANN Annual General Meeting in Hyderabad.
The purpose of the webinar is to summarize policy activities across the ICANN policy development community and briefing the community on the Cross-Community sessions taking place in Hyderabad.
Cross-Community Sessions Briefings:
- New generic Top Level Domain Auction Proceeds Drafting Team
- Cross-Community Working Group for Framework of Cross-Community Working Group Principles
- Cross-Community Working Group on Use of Country/Territory Names as Top Level Domains
Community Engagement Team Update:
- Community Recognition at ICANN57 and Multistakeholder Ethos Award 2017 Process Launch
- Supporting Organizations/Advisory Committees Work Effort Inventory/Snapshot Update
- Policy Staff Support in Community Charter Amendment Processes
Supporting Organizations & Advisory Committee Updates:
- Address Supporting Organization (ASO) and Regional Internet Registries (RIR) Policy Development
- Country Code Names Supporting Organization (ccNSO) Update
- Generic Names Supporting Organization (GNSO)
- New generic Top Level Domain (gTLD) Subsequent Procedures Policy Development Process (PDP)
- Review of all Rights Protection Mechanisms in all Generic Top Level Domains (gTLDs) Policy Development Process (PDP)
- Next-Generation Generic Top Level Domain (gTLD) Registration Directory Services to Replace WHOIS Policy Development Process (PDP)
- IGO/INGO Access to Curative Rights Mechanisms Policy Development Process (PDP)
- At-Large Advisory Committee (ALAC) and At-Large Community Update
- Government Advisory Committee (GAC)
- Adaptation of Government Advisory Committee (GAC) Processes to the new ICANN Bylaws
- Government Advisory Committee Vice-Chairs Elections taking place in Hyderabad
- Capacity Building Session for the Asia Pacific Region organized by the Government Advisory Committee (GAC) Working Group for Underserved Regions
- The Government Advisory Committee developing further input for ongoing Policy Development Processes on Registration Directory Services and Future new generic Top Level Domains (gTLDs)
- Root Server System Advisory Committee (RSSAC) Update
- Security and Stability Advisory Committee (SSAC) Update
The two sessions are duplicates, scheduled to accommodate different time zones. Each session runs for 90 minutes and will be run in English. The webinar will be conducted in Adobe Connect along with a dial-in conference bridge for audio.
Participants will have the opportunity to ask questions at the end of each session. During the course of the webinar, questions may be submitted using the chat function in Adobe Connect.
Please RSVP via this form by 14 October 2016.
Remote participation details will be sent the week of 17 October 2016.
This ICANN announcement was sourced from: